10 Apps to Help Students Focus and Stay On Task with Online Learning
Coronavirus has closed many schools and universities. This has resulted in our students finishing the semester through online learning. Routines, which are key for those with ADHD and Executive Function challenges, have been disrupted. Anxiety is at an all time high. There are a multitude of distractions to get in the way of learning and online classes.
Take a look at these apps to help students with focus, motivation and staying on task.
1. Cold Turkey - Blocks distracting websites. Not easy to cheat. Once enabled you can’t go back.
2. Be Focused - Creates work/break intervals for focus, manages tasks and tracks goals.
3. Mindfulness Bell - A gentle reminder to stay on task and bring you back to the task at hand.
4. Google Keep - Used for note taking and lists. Easily shared with others. Will transcribe voice memos.
5. Stay on Task - Has a random timer that checks in to interupt distractive behavior.
6. Due - Sends persistent notifications. Allows you to set repetitive errands/tasks in addition to one time reminders.
7. Binaural - Listening helps with focus.
8. Freedom - Blocks distracting websites and apps.
9. Calm - Meditation and focus music.
10. Time Timer - Analog countdown clock with the visual design to display the remaining time.